This is one of my parents’ favorite soups. It is wonderful on a cold night with crusty bread. The smell alone will put the entire house in a warm, comforting mood and bring everyone to the table.
- 6 Slices Peppered Bacon
- 1 Small Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1 Medium Carrot (peeled and grated)
- 2 C. Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 1/2 C. Drained White Beans
- 6 C. Chicken Broth
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/8 t. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 C. Macaroni Noodles
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a dutch oven cook bacon over medium heat until fat is rendered.
- Add onion, carrot, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until soft (5 min)
- Stir in tomatoes and cook for an additional 10 min, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in bean and broth and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add macaroni and cook until pasta is tender (15 min).
- Serve sprinkled with fresh parmesan cheese.