I am a huge fan of lettuce wraps but have never made them on my own. I have had to get creative with crock-pot meals during the kitchen remodel and this was a perfect opportunity for me to try a lettuce wrap recipe I had seen on Pinterest. It was a huge hit and was great as leftovers as well.
- 2 lbs. Ground Turkey
- 4 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1/2 C. Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 T. Soy Sauce
- 2 T. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 T. Rice Vinegar
- 1 T. Sriracha Sauce
- 1/2 C. Cashews (chopped)
- 1 T. Schezwan Sauce
- 1 T. Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 T. Sesame Oil
- 3 C. Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 (8 oz.) Can Water Chestnuts (diced)
- 3 Green Onions (diced-stems only)
- 1 (8 oz.) Container Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms (diced)
- 1-2 Heads Iceberg Lettuce
- In a large non stick skillet brown ground turkey with garlic and yellow onion.
- Strain fat from meat and dump meat into your crock-pot.
- Add bell pepper and cashews to crock-pot.
- In a small bowl whisk together soy, teriyaki, schezwan, worcestershire and sriracha,
- Pour sauce mixture of contents of the crock-pot.
- Cook on low heat for 3 hours.
- Mix in water chestnuts, cooked rice, green onions, mushrooms, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
- Cook for an additional 15 min.
- Serve with lettuce and Kraft toasted sesame salad dressing (optional).