I have a slight addiction to brussel sprouts, I am very disappointed that I didn’t discover these little morsels until college. I am always looking for new ways to incorporate them into my recipes. The other night I decided to attempt another “crap in a pan meal” which consists of me throwing some of my favorite ingredients together in a pan and hoping for the best. Luckily this attempt was a huge success and is now one of my favorite recipes.
- 4 Pieces Peppered Bacon
- 1 Turkey Kielbasa Sausage
- 3 C. Brussel Sprouts (stemmed and halved)
- 2 C. Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 C. Chicken Broth
- 1 Swanson’s Mushroom Marsala Wine Flavor Boost Packet
- 3 T. Water
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Box Gemelli Pasta
- 3 T. Olive Oil
- 1 T. Butter
- 1 C. Powdered Parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta according to box directions
- Heat butter and oil in a very large pan. (I used my Wok)
- Add pasta to pan and fry for about 5-10 minutes until it looks like the pasta is starting to crisp up.
- Add pasta to a large bowl, top with cheese and toss to coat.
- In a large cast iron skillet cook bacon.
- Remove bacon, chop then set aside.
- Cook the brussel sprouts in bacon grease until tender (about 5-7 minutes) DO NOT OVERCOOK, these should still be slightly firm.
- Add Kielbasa to pan and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms and broth simmer for about 7 minutes until broth is reduced by about half.
- Whisk water and flavor boost together in a cup until combined.
- Stir flavor boost into pan to thicken sauce and simmer for additional 5 min.
- Serve topping over pasta sprinkled with bacon and parm. cheese.