I am trying to add more healthy elements into my everyday meals. To me healthy means whole wheat and more veggies. So this is one of my attempts at a more healthy asian noodle bowl. I was surprised how delicious it was without my usual 1/2 C. of soy and szechuan and teriyaki sauces that I usually smother a dinner like this in.
- 1 Small Box of Whole Wheat Spaghetti (cooked al dente)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Jalapeno (diced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (small dice)
- 1 C. Snow Pea Pods
- 1 C. Broccoli (Chopped)
- 1 C. Carrots (julienned)
- 2 Chicken Breasts (Butterflied then diced into bite size pieces)
- 1 C. Vegetable Broth
- 2 T. Lemon Juice
- 3 T. Soy Sauce
- 3 T. Hoisin Sauce
- 4 T. Olive Oil
- Add olive oil, garlic and onions to a large pan and cook until translucent.
- Add peppers to the pan and cook for a minute or two.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Strain and add pasta back to pot with veggie broth, lemon juice, soy and hoisin sauce.
- In pasta pot add snow pea pods, broccoli and carrots.
- Cover and cook over low heat for a few minutes while chicken finishes cooking.
- Scrap all of the contents from the chicken pan (juice and all) into your pasta pot.
- While still on low heat toss the contents of the pot with some tongs to combine all the ingredients.
- Cover and cook for another minute or two.
- Serve and enjoy!