I used this shrimp in place of chicken in my Cajun Chicken Alfredo Recipe and it was outstanding. Shrimp is a very touchy ingredient in my house, some love it and some hate it so I served the shrimp separate from the pasta. Its great for topping your pasta or as I discovered later its ten times better chilled the next day.
- 1 Stick Butter
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 6 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 t. Salt
- 2 t. Pepper
- 1 T. Cajun Seasoning
- 5 T. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 t. Tabasco Sauce
- 1/3 C. Beer
- 1 lb. Shrimp (fresh-deveined, shelled and tailless)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small pot melt butter and olive oil together.
- Whisk in all other ingredients (except shrimp).
- Simmer together for about 15 min.
- Lay shrimp out on a lipped cookie sheet or casserole dish.
- Pour liquid over the shrimp.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from pan and place in a bowl with about 1/2 C. of your sauce.
- You can eat the shrimp on its own or topped on other dishes like my Chicken Cajun Alfredo.
inspired by: www.simpledelicioussouthernfood.blogspot.com