I hate seeing our holiday leftovers (or any leftovers for that matter go to waste) so I attempted to use the leftover Prime Rib from Christmas for dinner the other night. I was very reluctant to try the end result I just wasn’t sure how it was going to taste and wasn’t overly impressed with the smell it had given off all day. I must have been overly critical though because the entire family kept raving all day about how great it was making the whole house smell. After trying my first bite I don’t think anything could have gotten between me and my bowl! It was so amazing this is definitely one of the better soups I’ve made. I had panicked throughout the day and consistently added more and more ingredients trying to make it better so hopefully I remember the recipe correctly so I can recreate it in the future.
- 4 C. Leftover Prime Rib (cubed into bite sized pieces)
- 1/4 C. Red Wine
- 1/4 C. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 T. Tomato Paste
- 1 Package French Onion Soup Mix
- 3 T. Soy Sauce
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Yellow Onion (small dice)
- 3 C. Beef Broth
- 2 C. Vegetable Broth
- 3/4 C. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 C. Au Juis
- 3 Large Potatoes (cubed into bite size pieces)
- 1 Can Mushrooms
- 1/2 Package Egg Noodles
- Combine all ingredients except potatoes, cream and egg noodles in your crock pot.
- Cook on low for four hours.
- At the four hour mark add in potatoes.
- Cook for an additional three hours.
- With about 30 min left stir in your cream.
- Before serving add egg noodles to your crockpot and cook for about eight minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese.