The other night my friend Kelsey made the most amazing queso. I’ve been meaning to ask her for the recipe but in the meantime I decided to try and make my own. I have to say Kelsey’s Queso is still my favorite but my recipe is a very close second.
- 3/4 lb. Chorizo
- 2 lbs. Velveeta Queso Blanco
- 1 (4 oz.) Can Diced Jalapenos
- 1 Can Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 T. Butter
- In a large pot melt butter.
- Cook chorizo in pot.
- Once chorizo is cooked through and ground up stir in jalapenos and tomatoes with all their juices.
- Simmer veggies and meat together for about five minutes.
- Stir in milk.
- Start to add cheese in a little bit at a time constantly stirring to combine.
- Allow to melt over low heat for about ten minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!