It has been brought to my attention that Jello shots have become my signature item to bring to gatherings over the past year. I decided to live up to that expectation once again for the annual New Year’s party with my group of friends I refer to as the Monty Clan. I scanned Pinterest for some inspiration and wasn’t disappointed I found a few recipes for Champagne Jello Shots and couldn’t resist. I’m just bummed that my camera wouldn’t cooperate so I could show just how much fun these little guys were to eat!
- 3 Packets Unflavored Gelatin Powder
- 2 C. Cold Water
- 1/2 C. Sugar
- 2 C. Champagne
- 3/4 C. Ginger Ale
- 3/4 C. Sprite
- 20-30 Strawberries
- Combine gelatin and water in a large pot and allow to absorb for about two minutes.
- Bring the water with the gelatin powder to a boil over high heat while stirring until the gelatin is fully dissolved then remove from heat.
- Mix in sugar, and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in the champagne and ginger ale and sprite.
- In the bottom center of each shot glass put a strawberry cut side down.
- Pour Jello mixture around the strawberry until 3/4 full.
- Refrigerate until firm.
inspired by: abeautifuldayblog.wordpress.com