Every time I go to the movie theater I am always drawn to the concession stand by the smell of their candied nuts. Although I’ve never bought or tried them I felt the need to find a recipe to try to make them on my own. I tried making these for the first time this year and immediately fell in love. The best part was having my house filled with the amazing smell that always draws me in at the movies. I love crock pot recipes especially around the holidays. Life is so easy when you can toss a few items into the crock and get on with your daily tasks without worrying about constantly attending to your recipe.
- 1 1/2 C. Sugar
- 1 1/2 C. Brown Sugar
- 3 T. Cinnamon
- 1/8 t. Salt
- 1 Egg White
- 2 t. Vanilla
- 1 1/2 C. Raw Almonds
- 1 1/2 C. Raw Pecans
- 1/4 C. Water
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together sugars, cinnamon, and salt and set aside.
- In another medium sized bowl, whisk the egg white and vanilla until it’s a little frothy.
- Add nuts to egg mixture making sure the almonds are thoroughly coated.
- Add cinnamon mixture to the almonds and toss until coated.
- Thoroughly spray crock pot with Pam,
- Add the mixture of almonds and sugars to the crock pot and cover.
- Cook on low for four hours stirring every twenty minutes.
- At the two hour mark add water and mix into sugar mixture.