I am a hash fanatic if you make it I will eat it. With fall here I have began to incorporate a variety of different squashes and root veggies more and more into my recipes. This harvest hash recipe has been one of my favorite fall creations. Recently I made it for my first Hunkiedorie Harvest Party and it was a huge hit, I’m glad I’m not the only one who loved it.
- 2 Sweet Potatoes-cut into bite size cubes.
- 1 lb. brussel sprouts stemmed and halved.
- 6 Slices Peppered Bacon-diced.
- 1 Garlic Clove- minced
- 1½ Shallots- minced
- 1 Can Chickpeas-drained, rinsed and dried.
- 1 t. Bacon Grease
- 3 T. Olive Oil
- 2 T. Red Wine Vinegar
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF Cook the bacon slightly in a cast iron skillet, then set aside on a paper towel to drain.
- Add the chickpeas and bacon grease to skillet, cook for about 2-3 min.
- Spray a large roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Add all your veggies to the roasting pan.
- Toss with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast for 40 min.
- Every 15 min try using a spatula to rotate your hash so it doesn’t burn.
- Serve and enjoy!