This time of year I just want to cozy up by a fire and eat chocolate. New to Hunkiedorië’s #25DaysOfBaking this year are these S’mores Cupcakes. They are the perfect fireside sweet to get you through those chilly winter nights.
Download the S’mores Cupcakes recipe here!
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix -plus the ingredients required by box instructions.
- 4 Graham Crackers -crushed
- 1 Batch Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese – room temperature
- 8 T. Butter – softened
- 1 C. Powdered Sugar
- 1 t. Vanilla
- 1 C. Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat your oven to the temperature on your cake mix box.
- Make your cake batter according to the box instructions.
- Line two 6-cup muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Fill each cup half full with you batter and cook for 10-12 min.
- Remove your cupcakes and allow to cool. While your cupcakes are cooling make your cream cheese frosting.
- In an electric mixer combine cream cheese, butter and vanilla.
- Slowly add in your powdered sugar.
- Fill a piping bag (or ziplock bag) with your frosting.
- Pipe your frosting onto your now cooled cupcakes.
- Sprinkle the tops of your cupcakes with your graham cracker crumbs and chocolate chunks.
- Serve and enjoy.