Now as adults we can enjoy all the cookie dough we want and then some.
These Cookie Dough Truffles take that childhood indulgence to a whole new level. These were a popular treat while I was in college and my roommates were always excited when they opened the fridge to find a big bowl of chocolate covered cookie dough balls waiting for them. This recipe is fairly easy and very fun to make with friends.
- 2 1/2 C. Flour
- 1 t. Salt
- 1/4 t. Baking Soda
- 1 C. Butter (softened)
- 3/4 C. Sugar
- 3/4 C. Brown Sugar
- 1 t. Vanilla
- 1/3 C. Milk
- 1 C. Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 C. Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Block Paraffin Wax
- In a bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix together butter, sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add in milk and vanilla.
- At low speed start to gradually add in flour mixture until everything is combined.
- Add in mini chocolate chips until incorporated.
- roll into 1 inch (golf ball sized) balls and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheets into freezer for 30 min to harden.
- Melt wax over low heat in a large pot.
- Add in chocolate chips and continuously stir for about two min or until chocolate is almost completely melted (just a little lumpy)
- Remove pot from heat and continue to stir until chocolate is smooth.
- Remove cookie dough from freezer and roll in chocolate (forks help).
- Place chocolate covered cookie dough back onto the lined cookie sheets and place into the fridge for an additional 30 min.
(store in the refrigerator in an airtight tupperware container.)